Monday, January 18, 2010

I love my Naythan!

So this weekend we decided to go to good ol' Dayton to see Nayt's family since he had the weekend off and it had been about three months since they has seen Drew. So we loaded up the focus and off we went. Our first stop was in Walla Walla to see his old work, and it is amazing how even after 5 (!) months of being away, not much has changed. It makes me think of the saying that "going to the place that remains unchanged makes you see how much you yourself have changed" or something like that. Nayt had a good piont when he said that he feels like a grown up now when he walks through those doors and he can be proud of the man, husband and father that he is becoming. We then headed to Dayton, another town that is exactly the way it was when we lived there 2 years ago, and i am sure it is almost the same as when Nayt moved there 15 years ago, and in someways, that is nice. His family was suprised to see us, and dispite his mom working on saturday, and a terribly uncomfortable bed, we has a good weekend. For me it was nice to get away and not worry about cooking or cleaning. I did jack squat, and it was amazing!

I got a good laugh to because we were doing our regualar flirting thing and nayts mom was like "you two knock it off." we are still sometimes like two kids. its great. And on the way home, Nayt pulled me close to him and we just snuggled/drove listening and singing along with the radio. He is my best friend and I am so greatful for this life we are living. I dont want to ever wake up from this dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D