Tuesday, September 15, 2009

the rambling of an underused mind...

So apparently I am only a rockstar in my own mind. See we got Guitar Hero yesterday for my birthday, and I have come to realize that it is one of those games that the more I drink the better I get. Because Sober, I suck. big time. lol But nayt and I have been having fun passing it back and forth and then he'll grab it when i am nearly dead and bring our character back... yeah my husband rocks the guitar hero thing. lol

We went into La Grande yesterday. It was quite nice seeing old friends. Its amazing how much this last year has changed us. I was telling nayt that i feel like they are all different, not that its a bad thing or anything, and he said that i've changed too, and he is sure that they see it too. Its amazing how sometimes I wish we'd never left La Grande, that we would have kept in touch better with friends, and stayed involved with their lives. But if we would have done that then who knows if we would even still be together? I think moving out on our own forced us to either stay together or seperate. And we passed the test, help on to just each other and now we are close, happy and in love.

It was kinda funny because we were at Stephanies house, and since she was my roommate she knew me before I met nayt. (ironicly enough she met nayt when he went and signed up for classes earlier in 07) Well we were just joking around together like we are apt to do; see we settle all things in our marriage with rock paper sissors (very diplamatic of us i know!) and he said something and I flipped in off, and then I told Steff that really we love each other. And she started laughing, and then told me that she could tell, we are just as in love as when we first met. Then nayt went on about how he is so proud we are going on year 2 of our marriage! lol It was pretty cool. Expecially to hear from someone who saw us at the beginning and to see that 2 years and a kid later we are still maddly in love. We just show it in different ways. He is my best friend and I am so glad that I can joke with him, I can run to him with my problems, I can tell him anything and I can trust him with my heart and my life. I wouldnt trade my husband for the world. He is the best out there and I dont want anything more. :D

Today he meets with the recruiter, so that shall be interesting. I am still so torn about the whole army thing. I completly support him, but selfishness is a horrible monster that will rear his head right when i need to say stuff incouraging. I want him to do what he has wanted to do for over a year now, but at the same time I dont want him to go. And I am not sure I can sacrafice him for a country i see going a differnt path than i want. I am not sure if my patriotism is enough for sleepless nights, tears and being apart. But I'd do it, like it or not. I support him, and that is all i guess i am required to do. Just get through every day, tomarrow will take care of itself. But there is the other half of me that has my fingers crossed he gets in. I am sick and tired of seeing him try so hard for something only to get screwed over. that is the story of the whole last year 1/2 of our lives. He has tried so hard for so many things just to give Drew and I a good life, and it always seems he gets the short end of the stick of life. Since moving to Baker it feels like our luck has finally changed. You can only go down so far before the only other direction is up, so heres to hoping that the luck follows him to the army!

One last closing thought, I am so so so glad we live in a safe neighborhood. Somehow yesterday as we were leaving at noon for la grande, the door never caught and through out the corse of the day the wind most have pushed it open, so that when we got home last night about 9:30, the door was open! Nayt left us in the car and went in first to make no one was inside. Thankfully everything of value (the laptop and ps3 is about it! lol) was still here and the only side effect of the house being open all day is that now a ton of flies have desided to make our house theirs as well, which annoys the crap out of the three of us. Where is a bug zapper when you need one??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D