Monday, October 19, 2009

Facebook, Phoenix, and Weddings


Ah so i have desided Facebook is amazing! I love it, you can contact so many people who you knew from years gone by! So over that last few months, I have been finding all my old friends from highschool, people who i knew back when i was rather a religeous prude, and its funny to see how we have all changed. Some of us have loosened up, others havent. but its great to hear from them none the less!! Like I found my old Best Friend Kayla, and its funny cuz her and I started about the same, have both kinda gone threw the same crap, and came out about the same!! I miss her so much and I am hoping to see her rather soon being that she needs to come up to WSU to try to shamooze the Dean of the Vet school! lol

Well yesterday, i got a random message on FB from another old friend who is getting married this coming may. She wanted my address to send me an invitation. (that in and of itself rather suprised me but pleasently) and then i got ahold of her on the IM. She said she really really wanted to to come down to Phoenix for her wedding. It will be 4 years since i ran away from the desert to the northwest this coming december, and I would love to go back and visit. So, I talked to Nayt and we are going to see what we can do, being that we will have gotten our tax return and my financial aid, and we could probly swing the $400 bucks for tickets. I am dying to take Nayt out of the northwest and show him the southwest! I want to show him my old house, show him Saguaro cacti, take him to the rain forest cafe, show him where i grew up, take him to Sabas, to walk down town Tempe, hit a ASU bar... I never thought i would miss that hot dry place, but i really really want to go back for a visit. Never could you get me to MOVE back there but visit... oh yeah!

It seems like everyone i know is either getting engaged or married. It really makes me feel like the old married lady! lol I can think of at least 4 weddings this coming spring through fall; Kathyn and Daniel in May; Sarah and Jake in July; Kristen and Colby in August; and Rose and Matt in October! And I know we are invited to at least 2 of the 4. Sarah just kinda pissed me off. I know I am just being bitchy, but i asked her to be one of my bridesmaids and i found out through myspace through someone else that she was getting married. it just kinda bugs me. I dont even know if she is inviting us or not. and we were her best friends, we paid for everything, made sure she was taken care of and then we move and we get tossed out like yesterdays trash. what ever.

and i am So happy for my cousin kristen, but urrg... i already know Grandma is going to tell me how glad she is that Kristen is getting married when its more appropriate, and I saw someone say "yeah! the first wedding in the family." Bull. Am I not married??? Urrg. she is getting married 6 days before our 2 year anniversery and yet i am pretty sure no one even knows that the 6th of september was our wedding day. we never got a card, a present anything. idk it just kinda hurts. oh well. I am really happy for her though, she does diserve the best, and I know Colby is perfect for her but dont i too??

oh well, like my mom said, she would rather me get married young, and be happily married then have waited forever and made all sorts of mistakes. I have no regrets getting married when and how i did, i guess it just bugs me how my family is acting. Blah... oh well...

so now i am totally on a qwest to lose all my wieght before may, my brothers graduation, drew's first bday party and all the other weddings!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D