Saturday, January 9, 2010

Facebook Bra Posts

Ok, I'll come out and admit it, I posted my bra color the other day (bright Boise State Mustangs blue!) on facebook two days ago when the whole stir of "post your bra color, dont tell the boys, for Breast Cancer Awareness." message thing started. And I do see both sides of the contraversey, but come on people, its NOT THAT HUGE of a deal!

Ok so it doesnt make a huge contribution for breast cancer the way a donation or even a walk would, but doesnt it count for something that over a million people see it and it makes them think about breast cancer, and if that spurs even a few people do do more, didnt it accomplish something??

I guess just see the logic behind the maddness. I like the idea of just posting "aware" in your status, but like i said, i did post my color, and it was long before 90% of my friends posted theirs. And I do see the side about "making men think of your bra" side too. Nayt didnt even notice the colors until i said something! I think because guys are so oblivious that i doubt even half noticed. And frankly, i didnt get a single comment, and i didnt see any of my other friends getting comments either, so apparently the men around them where mature enough to keep their mouths shut. So come on people lighten up!

Breast Cancer is a terrible thing that effects both women and men, and I am a strong suporter of monthly self checks, it is something ever woman should be aware of and my thoughts and prayers go out to all those dealing with it, so i am trying to not sound flippant, and I am dying to do a Walk for the Cure walk but right I live in to small of a town to even have one! If I see anything that is pink, it is the thing i choose, because they donate to research, and heck if posting my bra color helps in a small way, then its not that big of a thing. its in the little things.

Eh what ever. I was just in a fiesty mood yesterday when i thought about all of this, so i thought i would just do some venting!

http://www.breastcancer.org/about_us/gift_shop/ check it out and do a little to help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D