Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cross Roads

We are at a crossroad in this TTC journey, I am sure everyone who has dealt with any sort of IF has to face it. We have to choose our next plan of action. Right now, I am just charting and using OPKs on top of the metformin, but it does not look like my body is going to get in the game, so we have to decide when exactly we need to seek more help.

My Doctor has already told me, that if he could transfer me to a reproductive endocrinologist, or RE, he would. However, thanks to being stuck in to Podunkville, there is no one near here and we are working with an RE out of Spokane. We were all set to start a round of Clomid in January, but we are now being told we are moving. Great. I long to be pregnant again, and after this month, our chance for 2u2 is gone. Drew will now be 2 or older when we have another one. Not that there is anything WRONG with that, and in fact it is probably a blessing in disguise, it still makes me sad. We are almost at the 1 year mark. Holy Crap.

But the more I think about it, the more I think waiting might be the best thing, though we may try one round of clomid, and if it works, then YAY if not, we will wait until we are settled, and I can find a good doctor and RE to work with. It is all going to be out of pocket, and that sucks too. But the idea of moving, getting settled and looking for an OB in a new city sucks. I already know with my diabetes I will be high risk, and having PCOS my chances of a miscarriage are also greatly increased.

The other side of it is that I love my doctor here, he is amazing and willing to do all the required monitoring, and I know that these rumors of moves are just that, rumors. We have no guarantee it will actually happen, and no time is perfect to be getting pregnant. Will I kick myself if we don't try now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D