Friday, September 3, 2010

My monkey see, My monkey do


Someone once told me, "Monkey see, Monkey do." I believed them, but I didn't understand them. Only in the last few weeks have I thought, "So THIS is what mom meant!!"

My "monkey" is in the form of my adorable but mischeivious son. Who would have thought someone so small could get into so much trouble? He sees us walk out side, he must walk out side. I dance, he boogies right along with me. Daddy kills a fly with mommy's flip flop, Drew must kill the same fly with the same shoe in the same spot. (we don't have the heart to tell him it is dead already.) We cover our eyes, he covers his forehead. The dog barks, he growls.

Yesterday, I was cooking breakfast and Nayt smacked my butt, becacuse he loves me and its a way he shows it, and I heard the thunder of little feet running across the kitchen, there was my son, trying to spank me too!! What??!! I have not laughed that hard in a very long time. So to test the theory that Drew does in fact copy everything now, I slapped Nayt's bum. Here comes Drew charging from his room, to give his daddy a love pat too. So now we have to not only be careful of what we say, but what we do too!!

Drew also have a new bff. We call him Mumbo (after the penguin from Happy Feet, his favorate movie!) Drew will carry him in a big bear hug, or drag him by his 3 colored "hairs" and I hear the creepy laughing through out the house. Drew has also learned that if he is in the kitchen, he can push Mumbo and he will slid across the floor and into the wall, wobble then pop right back up again.
Mumbo is also a perfect partner to tackle. Drew will take off running across the living room and dive into Mumbo, and they both will of tumbing in a pile of arms, legs and wings.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I found Mumbo at the salvation army for 55 cents! The best half dollar I have ever spent! I am so proud. Loud penguin, 55 cents, overall donation to salvation army, 10 bucks. Two C batteries, 2 bucks.  Making my son happy, now that is priceless!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D