Saturday, December 11, 2010

Motherhood isn't for the faint of Heart

Somewhere between hour 2 and 4 of the second night of being up all night with Drew, a diaper blow out and  the 5th episode of Blue's Clues, I realized that Motherhood isn't for the faint of heart. Despite the stress of little sleep and the holidays, I love this little stinker so much.

But motherhood is the hardest thing I have ever done. I didn't realize that when I got pregnant, I would no longer be my own person. I think I knew it in theory, but I didn't really understand it. From the moment he was born, my heart really wasn't mine anymore. I no longer had the freedom to do what I wanted to do, and he is the person who comes first. I am constantly with him, I never have time alone and I wake and sleep according to him, and I wouldn't change it for the world. 

I do miss some of the romance with Nayt though. I think our last real date was in February, (though we are so sneaking out when we are up at my mom's) but i miss our quick romantic get aways and adventures. Oh well, we are learning to make everyday stuff sexy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D