Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The curious case of the PS3

So way back in the beginning of 2008 Nayt talked me into buying one of those sweet new Playstation 3 that had just shown up on the market. (Yep, back when they were $499 or something else as crazy.) and because I loved my then boyfriend I caved and got it. Well this PS3 has been with us since. It really is a pretty cool little piece of hardware and I adore having a blue ray player. It has moved with us from college, three different places in Walla Walla and made it a year here in Baker City.

Well Thanksgiving of this year rolls around, and we wanted to do a Harry Potter marathon. I stick the DVD in, nothing. Nayt tries, nothing. We unplug it, try again, nothing. Crap. As far as we were concerned it was Rest in Peace. But because I am cheap it had been sitting on bottom of our TV stand in hopes that some miracle would happen. 

Now my husband, as much as I adore him, isn't always Mr. Tech. But he got a wild hair to take apart the 3 year old blue ray player. After removing enough dust to fill the grand canyon, he pulled up the disk drive, and found the culprit. Somehow our little monkey had found a way to shove the ink part of a pen into the drive. Upon removal, it works like it never was broke! 

Elementary My dear Watson, elementary.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that's freaking awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha nice!! Those older PS3's are sooo much nicer than the new smaller ones! (We have one of the old ones from 2008ish too, my MIL has a new model and hers is loud and sometimes won't play things!) Glad you got it fixed, too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave positive feedback! :D