Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My new vice!

I simply must share! I get so tired of the same old sugar free desserts and have been trying desperately to find something to quench my constant chocolate craving, and here it is!

Cookies and Cream Pie
Sugar free Oreos
Jello Sugar Free chocolate pudding
Jello Cookies and Cream pudding 
a little whip cream if you'd like  




The first thing I did was take sugar free Oreos (though any kind of oreo like cookie will work, but for myself, I use sugar free) and ground them up into crumbs with a food processor until they were fine. Then I took 1/2 of melted butter and spread it on the crumbs until they were all covered. Using a spoon, spread your cookie crumbs in your pie pan making a crust. Stick the crust in the freezer until you are ready for it.

The next step was to make the bottom layer, which is sugar free chocolate pudding. Follow the recipe for normal pudding, expert instead of 2 cups of milk, I only did 1 1/2. Pore the pudding into the bottom of the pan.

Next, make up the cookies and cream pudding (unfortunately I have yet to find a sugar free on, so its a bit of a splurge but still not to bad.) Like the chocolate pudding, only use 1 1/2 cups milk instead of the 2. I also added a little bit of whip cream just to stiffen it up, but I think it would be fine without it too. Pore the cookies and cream mix over the chocolate. They will both be a bit runny but pudding sets nicely.

I then added some left over cookie crumbs to the tops. The pie was ready to eat in 30 mins, but we didn't touch it for a day and it was perfect.

 Nayt actually told me it tasted better then some of the pies you get in the grocery store, and my blood sugar was well with in limits after eating it. I am very pleased since it was SO quick and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D