But here are my takes on the main events in this kids life:
On waking up in the morning: Regardless of the time, the moment his eye lids come open it is obvious the rest of the world must be awake as well. Unless mommy picked up his room before bed, then he must have his room restored to ciaos before before gracing mom and dad with his presents. Why the mess? You'll have to ask him. But if I could read his mind when he wakes up, I am sure he is thinking that if he doesn't come storming out of his room he will miss the most exciting event in his life, and he is disappointed to find a sleepy daddy instead of some heroic choo choo train he dreamed about. (who knows what 2 years old dreams about, but go with me here!)
On eating: Food is good. Especially if it is candy, mac and cheese, hot dogs or bagels. Everything else's sole purpose it to be crumpled up, fed first to his tonka trucks and then piece by tiny piece dropped from the table to the great abyss of the floor where the waiting wild beast sits drooling over every little shred. Sometimes our great adventurer will turn into a raging beast as well and eat the crumbs from the floor. Just like the dog. Good thing I vacuum at least once if not twice a day. Also, I know that if I place anything on the floor he will eat it. At least I know I am not alone in this, and the camaraderie I feel with my fellow toddler mom's on this account helps ease the heebee geebies of my kid eating like a wild animal. Don't believe me, check out here, picture proof!
On Bath time: This is the highlight of my toddler's day. It is a time to splash play and make a big ole' mess. As I have stated before, he normally turns the bathroom into a mini ocean. So much so, I wouldn't be surprised if one day I found a fish or two swimming on floor. I can only imagine what is going through his mind as he sneaks bucket after bucket of water over the edge of the tub while my back is turned, but I guess it's something along the lines of the floor is dirty and he's helping mommy? Maybe?
On Playing outside: It's a big world out there ladies and gentleman, and the moment Drew gets out the back door he becomes Indiana Jones (or maybe it's Jack O'neal since we are watching so much Stargate lately?) Anyways, he is off exploring, touching, feelings and learning. I seriously love watching him play. He loves playing outside. But it becomes the worlds most traumatic event when the mean mommy tells him it's time to come inside. And the revolution begins with kicking, screams, yelling and tears. It's finally over when mommy puts on Blue's clues, but until then before forced from his newly discovered world really is the end of the world.
On being a big Brother: Honestly Drew rarely notices his sister, which isn't a bad thing most of the time. She is safe from his massive temper tantrums and he is free to think he is still an only child. Expect on days like yesterday when the following conversation has to happen:
Mommy: Andrew, it is not nice to sit on sister's head. Sister can't breathe when you do that.
Drew: Blank stare
Mommy: You have to love on sissy, not sit on her. You are much bigger then she is an she depends on you to be nice and take care of you.
Drew: longer blank stare
Mommy: Can you give sissy a kiss and say your sorry?
Drew: Blank stare then points to the TV
Mommy: Bob?
Drew: ::nodding:: Bo
Mommy: ::sigh:: I give up. Bob it is.
On coloring: Drew loved to color. We even invested in a box of really nice color crayons and some cool coloring books. What fools we were. Drew now realizes that color crayons can fly as you dump them out of the bucket. And who wants to sit still when you can be pretending to shoot your crayon gun at the wall (or better yet, coloring on said wall). So now coloring time is turning into throw them everywhere, shoot em up and then begrudgingly put them back in the bucket. No pretty pictures, no decorated disney characters. Just colorful imaginary guns.
On trains: I may have mentioned Drew's love of trains, and not just Thomas. Any locomotive is fascinating to him. And if it isn't really a train, it can easily be turned into one. Case in point, we went to visit Nayt at work one day and Drew rearranged their whole upstairs break from stools into a 12 cars long train. He then became a stunt man running up and down them. Fun stuff.
On Potty training: Truth be told, I haven't really pushed this issue yet. Drew is starting to show the tale tale signs of being ready, but I am so not ready. A point that I was reminded about yesterday when he started to give me that "I am going to pee" look, so I jumped up, ran with him to the bathroom, set him on the potty. He stood up, peed around the potty then proceed to take the empty potty chair and turn it into some sort of weapon. Yeah, not ready for that bridge yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D