So I wrote a while back about my DIY head bands but I had to go back and redo them a bit so the worked.
First, my girl is so tiny that the head bands that we got wouldn't fit on her head, even now. I found an awesome clip on how to make a head band from tights.
I then needed to cover the clips with fabric so the flower actually stayed on. (This time I used hot clue, not craft glue. much much better)
I also added a few more layers to each flower and a button in the center this time. I am pleased with the finished results!
| you can also see the new head band :) |
But the one I really want to show off is the sweet little rose head band I made today. After watching a few clips once again on youtube, I found this one that showed me how to make the rose from ribbon. Instead of using a rubber band to tie it off with, I just tied it with the back stretchy maternial I used for the head band, then tied the ends of the band together. Perfect, and I love how sweet it looks on her.
but the best part was I had some of the cutest willing models to show off my craft skillz! :)
And best of all, Drew had to get in on the action!
| Please ignore the mess, when this sort of photo op shows up, i can't pass it up! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D