Friday, January 13, 2012

...can I just say

 how proud I am of Drew?!

He is seriously the most amazing little man and I can not believe how fast he is growing up.

This kid is making leaps and bounds in his speech. I can actually have a conversation with him now and he can recognize and say half the alphabet. Not only does he sign more, please and thank you, he is using his words with it! His behavior is totally different and he isn't angry all the time. Honestly, I was really really worried that there was something majorly wrong with him and I didn't know what to do.

But everyday I see more of this sweet little boy. A little boy who wants to help, who loves his little sister and who loves life. He will give Alynn his toys when she is crying, he loves to help feed her, and the moment she wakes up he has to go say hi. He loves giving hugs and kisses. He wants to help me make her bottles, gets his own pull up and throw garbage away.

His teachers have told me that he is a sweet boy who shares well, listens and obeys. They keep telling me he is a huge asset to the class full of rowdy kids. I guess he gives up his own toys at school when someone else wants to play with it, and will go play with something else.

Guys, who is this little boy?

We are not there yet. And I still get sad when we go to the park and people ask how old he is, why doesn't he talk? Is he "slow"? Or I over hear big kids making fun of how is talks (let's face it, even when he does use words they are muffled and sound funny) or when he uses sign language. Drew is such a kind boy though and doesn't know what they are saying, thank God. But it makes my heart hurt to hear him being made fun of, and I want to shout that he is smart and defend. Why do people have to be so mean? Especially about my sweet boy. So we just leave the park when more kids show up, I have to protect Drew's innocent little heart.

But the best part, his newest words are "Mommy, I love you." Brings tears to my eyes. Last night he brought me a book and said, "Mommy, read book." so we sat down and half way through he put his arms around me and said "I love you." I sobbed. I can honestly say I didn't think I would ever hear him say those words but it was so worth the 2 1/2 year wait.




1 comment:

  1. That is so, so wonderful, Heather! Makes my heart happy :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave positive feedback! :D