Sunday, January 8, 2012

Change

I am learning to embrace it, but it isn't easy. Change can be a Good thing, but it is hard to forget that. Change is scary. The thought of the unknown is frightening, and I don't like not knowing what is coming next.

I truly feel that 2011 was a year of growing. Not only did I grow another year older. (and really, I feel there is a huge difference between 22 and 23, don't ask me why, I just feel it was a big deal.) I grew as a person. I became a better wife, a much better mother, a better house keeper and a better person in general. Nayt and I have grown closer as a couple and as parents. I have never felt my marriage as strong as it is today. I have grown closer to God. Close to my family, and for the first time I feel like I am an adult. It is a nice feeling. A scary feeling.

The move to Weiser was the best thing for our family and I can glad for the Chance. However, I feel that this next year is going to be the year of change...

As we enter a new year, we am going to change our life. Shake it up a bit. Hopefully we won't shake ourselves up to much, but just enough to make the changes that we need. And why not? We are young, in love and have the whole world at our doorsteps. I am ready to take life by the horns because no one but me is standing in my way.

We are changing our lifestyle. We are already on the right track, eating healthy, working out and just generally being healthier. We will hopefully be changing towns sooner rather than later. We are both back in school (talk about busy.) And Nayt may just be changing companies.

Right now he is applying for a store manager job with a new company which would lead us to Kennewick, Washington. While I don't adore the Tri-cities, we already have a friend there, family there and it puts us 4 hours to Portland, 4 hours to my mom and and 45 minutes to his mom. After our 2000 mile road trip last week, I like those numbers much better. Plus Naythan really wants this job and hearing that finding it make his heart skip a beat makes mine speed up. I won't lie, there are butterflies in my belly when I think about picking up and moving to a whole new place for a whole new company, but without risks there are no rewards and I am trusting that God has a plan for us and that he will give us the Wisdom to know what is the right way to go.

Plus, we could rent a really cute place there until we buy next year! Not going to lie, that makes me excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D