Monday, May 21, 2012

A first birthday Party celebration

We survived! 


And I have to say that we pulled off a great little party on a budget. I had to let go of some of my pinterest worthy ideas, but over all there was good food, lots of laughs and even better company (Can we say hello surprise visit by my awesome granny?!) My only regret was that I didn't pass off my camera to someone because mom/host/photographer don't co-exist very well.

I was trilled with the final results we got, even if it was nothing like I pictured in my head, but let's face it, I am no Martha Stewart.

**5/26/2012**
I was asked to break down our budget by a friend so here goes:

Cupcakes from Weiser Classic Candy: $19.00
Cake from Costco: $17.00
Food (hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, fruit, buns, condiments, home made potato salad): $135
Drink mix: $6
Beer/Water/ice: $40
Table cloths: $8 bucks
streamers: $3
Pictures: $5 (thank you employee discount, I get pictures for .05!)
enough cups,plates and silverware to last for eternity:  $25

Total expense for 35 people and lots of left over food:$258 bucks

We are so lucky that we have friends who offer to bring sides and lawn chairs. We didn't do any sort of entertainment besides letting the kids play in Drew's room and sitting around talking, but that is totally fine by our group of friends AND Alynn was pretty darn entertaining eating her cupcake! :)


We had people sign her picture
Amazing cup cakes for the kids!












Our "enchanted" cup cake table
Fruit salad

Photo banner 0-6 months

Photo banner 6-12 months

Spoiled little girl











 Hard to believe our little Red is a big 21.4 pound little girl that continues to wrap us around her fingers. I can't imagine our lives without her sunny smile! Happy birthday.

Big brother rocking sisters cape.

 And thank you Drew for always making me laugh. Love you too kid.


1 comment:

  1. hello,

    I came across your wonderful blog and was wondering if you would be interested in a updated cute blog design? for example new header, background, and other nice features that I can offer you. Im just starting out so my prices are very low compared to other designers. if you are interested or have any question please ask :) Id be happy to work with you to create the perfect blog design.

    Thanks so much

    Ashley
    www.ashleysblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    ashleybdesigns@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave positive feedback! :D