On Thursday we saw what we thought was a diaper rash on Alynn. The girl has super sensitive skin and rashes are common. I slapped some A&D cream on the bad boy and didn't think much of it. Friday is started spreading and by Saturday it was open pimple like things all over her legs, around her mouth, and down her arms and legs. I asked our pharmacist what he thought and he said to take her right into the ER because it could be staff.
![]() |
| Heading home from the ER |
![]() |
| Poor sick girl |
![]() |
| Buddy's hand banging wound |
Monday, we have our follow up appointment with our pedi. The first thing she did was ask if the ER doc checked in her mouth, no. She instantly knew it wasn't chicken pox, but it is Hand Foot and Mouth. WTF?!!! I am so pissed that the ER doc missed it. And now Drew has it. Shit. On top of mis-dx her, he never even sent over the paper work he needed too. i am beyond pissed and thinking I will call the hospital today and complain. Sure glad it wasn't life threatening.
I am now waiting for a call back from the hospital ER manager. I still don't think we are filing a complaint but I wanted them to know the screwed up.
Having sick kids sucks. Alynn is only 1, the poor girl can not tell me when she isn't feeling good, but at least the itchy rash doesn't seem to bother her to much. My Drew bug on the other hand? The kid is down right pathetic. We have watched every episode of "Bubble Guppies" on direct TV on demand, all our DVR-ed sponge bobs and Team Umi Zoomie, and now we have moved on to Cars 2. I am going to go into cartoon coma soon. The kid doesn't talk either, so trying to get out of him what hurts and what doesn't is a guessing game. He keeps trying to scratch and does not understand that he can't. I have thought about putting socks on his hands but he wont let me and when I tried to clip his nails he flipped. (daddy is the only one who can cut his nails, btw). So on top of having a massive head crack, the kid is covered in itchy red spots and a sore throat, days before his birthday.
And his father and I are completely off our rockers because we will likely be taking them camping this weekend. I think I belong in a straight jacket somewhere but I don't want to miss out on the camping season again this year. He did enjoy fishing yesterday so hopefully camping will be right up my sensory seeker's alley!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D