And that means Sunday and the gang over at Adventures in Extreme Parenthood are playing with our crush again. Go check it out now.
Today is the big day here at my parent's. My sweet talented gorgeous baby sister is graduation high school tonight! Holy crap. I remember her coming home from the hospital.Tonight is also the day most of your family gets here and starts the busy weekend we have had in years. The icing on the cake? Drew hasn't slept at all. I should be excited for everything this weekend, seeing family, going to museums, picnics, celebrations, and sight seeing. It is what I lived for a few years ago. Now, all I want it to curl up in bed and sleep until I feel like I am a human again.
We know he has insomniac tendencies, so we are giving him melatonin. With it he has been going to sleep at 10, wakes up at midnight (last night he woke his sister too since we are in the same room. Cue trying to get her to bed for 30 minutes because I can't let her CIO out here.) and is up for the day between 4-4:30. So I am going on a week of being up before the sun. While it doesn't appear to bother him, my patience wore out on day 3, I have a migraine, and a bad attitude. He doesn't need sleep but mommy sure does. The worst part is that I am in the one place where I could normally get help but everyone else is so stressed that I haven't dared even ask for a break. But that's another story.
At least Ryan gets it!


I hate melatonin. . . we have awful luck with it. But. . . we also don't really have a kiddo with insomnia.
ReplyDeleteOh, Ryan always knows exactly how to help! I hope you get some sleep SOON! And I hope you're able to enjoy the weekend.
ReplyDeleteOh wow. We are in the same boat... No sleep here either. I even posted a bags-under-my-eyes picture on Instagram this morning. < good thing Ryan finds them sexy, right?
ReplyDeleteI think there is a sleeplessness theme going this week. Hope you get some rest soon.
ReplyDeleteI love melatonin. Thankfully it works for DS. However, he has not got to sleep in his own bed even once this week. Lucky for me his bed is pretty comfy!
ReplyDeleteHope you can get some sleep soon!
ReplyDeleteHang in there! These really make me smile. xx
ReplyDeleteahhh!!!!Things that really make me smile:)
ReplyDeleteBlank T shirt
captured good one..