....Kind of. I feel a bit like a zombie, though I promise I won't eat your face off.
I am glad I mentally prepared myself for the worst. It really isn't going THAT bad, but it isn't going perfect either. I am lucky my parents and sister are cool, (and have an ipad with Cars games, note to self, worth the money), and that most of the events of this week we have sucked up the cost and sprung for a baby sitter. Yesterday we didn't and I was reminded why as I spend the whole senior concert chasing my kids around the track at her high school.
But really, besides the sleep issues that are leaving me with a firm resolve to never have another child again, it is going well. We are on day 5 of 20 days so we are still early in the game, but with enough coffee to support a small army, some grit and pure fake it till you make it, we will hopefully get through the onslaught of family coming with minimal damage to my nerves.
I have to say the high light of the trip so far was my talk with my mom's friend. Debbie was fantastic. Her little boy has SPD, autism and fragile x and she is the kindest, most open, and knowledgeable woman I have ever met. She watched the kids on Monday morning while we were at Katie's senior chapel (and I managed to sob like a baby during my speech for her.) and answered any and all questions I had about SPD and PDD-POS. I asked her about her opinion if she thinks I am on the right track in seeking more of a diagnoses for him and she completely agreed. Most of the time he is good, but the moment he falls apart it is like someone possessed my son and he is another person entirely. She witnessed the worst meltdown in ages, complete with trying to gorge his eyes out, and reassured me it was ok and to keep fighting for him and what I feel he needs. On top of being extremely helpful, she was a huge emotional boost. I have really been struggling this and my emotions that play with it and having her tell me it was ok and normal helped a lot. Plus she is freaking hilarious. Pretty sure we will be going to Defiant point zoo with them next week and I can't wait.
We are still busy, I am still tired, but I am happy to be home.
Now back to the craziness of graduation!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D