We tried all sorts of new things (NC BBQ, Alligator, Cheese grits, and moonshine to name a few). We didn't do nearly as much sight seeing as I'd have liked, but relaxing at my friends house was just as nice. And it was fantastic to catch up with her, and I miss her so much already.
Vacation was just what we needed. I am home feeling refreshed and excited about some plans Nayt and I came up with during our long ass lay overs. I know that I desperately needed the break, and I will admit that I had a small panic attack not unlike the one I had the first day alone with the two kids when Alynn was born while kissing Nayt good bye this morning. Having my parent's here was so nice and made me realize just how much work it really is being home alone with the kids all day. And Drew had a rough day today. I keep telling myself I just came off a break and that is more then most moms have, so it helps a little bit. Lets just say that today is going to be an early bed time.
![]() |
| Chillin' on the beach! |
The kids did great with my parents, but we do have a few bad habits to break since it appears they just gave in to Drew's every whim, which is ok. They needed to survive. :) Also, my mom just started her home interior design biz and because she needed more photos for her portfolio, she completely redid both my living room and organized Drew's rooms! I could have died and went to heaven since I am sorely missing the home diva gene. Seriously, check out her amazing website and if you are in Seattle her prices are not only reasonable, she is FABULOUS at what she does! ( http://www.room4changebymyra.com/ ) So not only were my kids happy and had fun, I came home to a home that was clean, organized and actually pretty!!
So, once I get completely over the post-vacation handover, our life is going to get back to normal, including my blogging, but until then I am going to catch up on a weeks worth of snuggles and enjoy my magazine worthy home. (Which I will take pictures of soon to share the greatness of not only how pretty it is, but of how functional and practical Drew's room/play room is!) Stay tuned! :)
![]() |
| My pretty new living room! |


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D