Friday, July 27, 2012

I hate bedtime...

It use to be my favorite time of the day. The time that I looked foreword to because it meant a few house of peace and quiet and relaxing with a glass of wine with my love.

Now? Bedtime looms at the end of the day, much like a monster at the end of the book. I know through out my day that it is there, and frankly, it is starting to scare me.

Drew's bad sleeping didn't stop when we got home from vacation, and in fact I would venture to say it has gotten worst. We were able to get him on a prescription for sleep meds which has done absolutely nothing, well with the exception for the first night where he slept 12 glorious hours for the first time in 3 years, but that was just a cruel trick because he is now waking up not once, not twice but 4-6 times between 9pm and 7:30am. His doctor gave us the go ahead to try any kind of natural concoction with the sleep meds, and so far we have found nothing that does the trick. Short of a magic potion, I am starting to come to terms with the fact that we have a 3 year old insomniac. To bad mom and dad need sleep!

Our night looks like this: Give the kids a bath, read a book, lay Alynn down, put on a show for Drew, turn off the show, read another book, start bargaining with Drew to sleep, read him another book, finally asleep on the couch at 10pm, go to bed at 10:30pm, Drew gets up at 12am, lay him in his room because I don't trust him alone in the living room, up again at 1:30am, start pleading with him to go to sleep, 2:30am he is in his room screaming because he never fell asleep the last time, 3:45am more screaming because his sippy cup is empty and he doesn't want to be in his room, give him more melatonin, 4:50am dad goes in and yells at him and he finally goes back to sleep, 7am up for the day for all of us. Yay.

I have been so tired I can't even think straight, not to mention I am in school through the summer. Try creating a thesis on 5 interrupted hours of sleep, and not because you were out partying the night before. The fact that I still have a 4.0 is amazing.

I have also been swamped with pre-vacation craziness, since Nayt and I will be gone without kids for the next week. (Is that angels I hear singing?) My amazing (and apparently crazy) parents are rescuing coming down to watch the kids. I can not wait, but in the mean time there is a lot to do around the house to get it ready for people to come down. I am ashamed to say but I have been so busy/tired that my house isn't in ship shape, it's clean but good lord is it a mess on top of clean floors. Maybe I will just send Nayt to the park with the kids tomorrow afternoon and finish up then. Or take a nap.

So, if you don't hear from me in a while, it is because I am in North Carolina drinking and sleeping the last bit of my summer away with my love, recharging before Drew's very first school year at the end of August!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D