I will be honest, when it comes to my guns, I am not afriad to voice my thoughts and they have been circling for about a month or so in my head.
Nayt and I have been looking at adding to our gun collection. I need a hunting rifle and he needs a new 30-06 for elk season next fall. He will likely need a new pistol for a duty gun since my handy little Ruger sr40c has not been the most accurate of guns lately and that last thing I want if for the one time he needs to use it, it malfunctions. We were also looking for .223 ammo for our single shot Remington.
Anyways.
This weekend Nayt and I hit up at least 4 stores in search of guns and ammo. This is what we found at every single store, including pawn shops:
Nothing.
I dont know about you, but this worries me. We can not find any ammo for Nayt to take hunting in a few weeks, at all. I am not going to go posting a ton of crazy stuff on facebook, but I am going to write my representatives in Washington. I feel I can not complain about things unless I take some sort of action.
Personally I don't believe that banning any sort of gun or limiting the ammount of bullets a magazine can hold will solve any problem at all. I think we need to get back to the root of the problem and stop focusing on the side effect of the problem. Maybe bringing back morals, allowing God back into the country and limiting the ammount of violence on tv to start with? Than maybe focus on some of the mental health issues in our country, the lack of parenting skills, and teaching our kids how to manage their anger. Just some ideas.
Also, blaming guns for all of this is a cheap cop out. There. I said it. The same week as Sandy Hook a guy killed a bunch of kids with a knife. If someone wants to kill people, they will find a way. End of story.
I firmly believe taking away a gun will not solve anything. Sure, access could be stricter and there could be more back ground checks. There might be a need for more gun saftey education, but taking them away is not the answer.
And I told my elected officails just that. Don't take away my guns. Don't punish responsible gun owers. Sure, there is gun violence, there is death but there are also car accidents and drunk driving. When we start taking away one right it is a slippery slope from there. Sure, high powered automatic guns are rarely used but once they are banned, where does the blame go? A bolt action? A shot gun?
All I am saying is that I don't plan on giving up my rights, and instead of posting and complaining on facebook. DO something.
Here, it is easy. Go here and tell your elected officals how you feel. Only than can you complain.
And now I am getting off my soap box.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D