Monday, January 21, 2013

My mom is a Superhero

For real. It took me becoming a stay at home mom to truly realize and appreciate what she did for my entire growing up years. I was lucky to be homeschooled, to have her there for every major event and have my mom as the constant reminder of God's grace and love. I don't know how many mornings she was up before we were, or how many late nights we kept her up, either with colds, with boys, or with crying. If only I could be like her, I will count myself blessed.

All of that to say, being a stay at home mom is not easy. I think I spend most of my days tired. (I can barely keep my eyes open right now.) It is full of laughter, amusement, stress and frustration, often within the same 10 minutes. I love it.

It has been a while since I did a "Day in the life" post and I do believe it is time for another one. Here is a typical day in my life, feel free to laugh at my expense.

5:50am: Everyday, like clock work, Drew barges into our room to declare that he pooped. Ever. Single. Day. This means I must get up and fix said poop so I stumble out of bed, look for my glasses, and handle a nasty diaper before I am even awake. I love that my kid is regular but come on! Poo before 6am should be illegal. Naythan actually has a theory he does it for amusement because he over heard them laughing this morning on his way out the door over Drew telling Alynn he was going poo. Perfect.

6:00am: In an effort to catch a few more minutes of sleep I had Drew his "Ipad" which is really the Ematic Fun Tab Pro (aka the best Christmas present ever. Seriously. If you have a kid who wants an android tablet or leap pad and don't want to spend a whole ton of money, I seriously recommend it. I need to do a total review on it, but that will come later. Check it out.) The "give him the pad" only works in theory and I will see him 4-10 times before 7am.

7:00am: I drag my butt out of bed. Have a cup of coffee, shower, change the kids, put on a show and try to wake up.

8:00am: breakfast of anything my kids will eat.

9:00am: Play time while mom cleans up. Confession: I often have the tv on in the background. Shoot me. The kids don't actually watch it but they do play in the living room. We normally keep Disney Jr on. A mom has to clean, and they are happy. Vacuum my floors.

10:00am: Tv comes off, music goes on and we do something together. Some days e play in flower, some days we go to a friends house, this is our color/puzzles/dress up time and my favorite part of the day.

12:00pm: Lunch. lovely lovely lunch.

1:00pm: Nap time! Glorious naptime. On a perfect day both kids will lay in their room and sleep until 3pm. This is MY time. I can edit pictures, blog, think or be mindless. That's on a perfect day. On a normal day this means Alynn is napping, Drew is laying on the couch with me watching tv, and I am screwing around on the internet.

3:00pm: Lorrie is home, Aynn may or may not be sleeping, and Drew has just fallen asleep. They don't seem to know how to nap at the same time. Vacuum the floors.

4:00pm: Time to get my errands done. Get out of the house, see dad. Anything to escape our prison home. When the weather is nice we go to the park, play outside and enjoy nature but not in this awful frigid ice box we call a home in January.

5:30pm: Take Lorrie to work and head home. Pick up and vacuum. Again.

6:00pm: Start dinner. Nayt gets home!! Yay!

6:15pm: Nayt goes to the gym. That was short lived.

7:00 pm: Pick up Lorrie from work.

7:30pm: Nayt is home, start bedtime routine.

8:00pm: Bedtime! YAY!

8:30pm: I hit the gym for a glorious hour of alone time. This is really beautiful.

9:30pm: Shower. Eat popcorn. relax/

10:00pm: Remember I had a project due in school, freak out and do some homework.

12:00am: Fall into bed exhausted.

1:00am: Drew needs a new sippy cup, climb out of bed and lay him back down, only to start the next day in 4 hours.

Mom, thanks for being a great example of being a good stay at home mom, I couldn't do it without your example!!

What is a typical day in YOUR life like?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D