So, I have been praying a long time about going back to work. I am not ready to jump in full time, but I feel that a small part time job would be ideal not only for my own sanity, my self worth, and future but for that of our family. So I started putting in a few applications here and there and ended up sending my resume to a company called PhysAssist. I knew that I ultimately wanted to work in a medical setting (not only because that is what my passion is, but it is also fantastic job training which increases my job potential when I am done with school.) Typically, the company hires pre-med/pre-nursing student and not a whole lot of health care admin students, so I didn't get my hopes up to high.
But I got the call back!
I am going to be working 3 shifts a week from 4pm-midnight as a scribe for a physician in the ER. I am excited. I am nervous. I am ready for all the pieces to fall into place.
I am excited about the unique opportunities it offers for my future career. It is going to be a huge change for my little family, but I am thankful that the hours are good, Nayt's boss it willing to work with us, and the kids will only be in daycare for a few hours a week. I am excited about getting an opportunity most other admins will not be able to have, which in turn will make me a better manager when ever I figure out what I want to do.
So, before I start working I have to go down to Texas to complete a training course, which has my stomach in knots. I have never done anything like this before.
So, there it is. I am a working mama. A new chapter and the prologue to my future career. It's scary, its cool, and it has me really looking foreword to where the next 2 years will take our little family!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D