I am sitting in my quiet, clean house watching the snow fall softly from the sky, yet another reminder of how my life has been turned upside down in the last month.
Behind me, a fire crackles happily in the wood burning stove, Alynn is playing with my new galaxy 4 and drew is curled up drinking hot chocolate watching Netflix. Somewhere in the back of the house my dryer is still running and a dog is asleep on my feet while the other is fast asleep in front of the fire. It's peaceful. It's relaxing. A brilliant change from what has been my last for the past couple of weeks. I am tired. Emotionally stretched thin and today's no school call was what I needed.
My life has been turned upside down.
We got the call that super charged our life path on the 16th of January. Nayt got the assistant manager transfer and needed to report to work the next week. We had 5 days to pack, find a place and be moved in so that he could head into work that next Monday. It wasn't just a race, it was a marathon. Boxes were packed, frantic phone calls were made, and school papers were transferred. We quickly learned that it is nearly impossible to find a place without being there in person as we were turned down not once but twice for a house a brand new humiliating experience for us both. With less than a week to move, I figured we were going to move to town homeless when my father in law called saying that a house he managed would be vacant by the 1st and it was ours if we wanted it. Even though it isn't in our ideal town and the longest commute nayt has faced yet we took it. We pulled in to town on the 24th, tired, stressed and no home to move our stuff into. I am eternally grateful that his parents let us sleep on their living room floor of 4 days and that the gal who lived in the house let us use the living room as a storage unit.
Moving into a place sight unseen was a new experience and luckily the house has been a pleasant surprise. its small but comfortable. I don't need much and this place overs everything we could want. It will work.
This whole move has been a challenge. I wish I could say that it bolstered my faith the way our move to Aberdeen did but that would be a lie. Everything that could go wrong did. Money we needed didn't come in, gas was stolen out of our uhaul, the house we really wanted fell through. I know that God does everything for a reason but sometimes its hard to see and this move was one of those times. I don't feel the over whelming peace and serenity I felt there. The awe. I just feel tired. It does not help that I get the feeling nayt is disappointed in his work which is tough to watch. Frankly, I just want to cry.
This move hasn't been so much of an adventure but a humbling experience. Nayt and I have gotten pretty self relient, moving 5 times in 6 years does that to you, but this time we actually accepted help from his family. Which has been wonderful to have, but it's a new experience and it makes me feel like I am not an adult but a high school kid slinking back after failing. I know that isn't the care but that's what it feels like right now. And I think Nayt feels the same. I mean, we are living in a tiny town he swore he would never move back too. Here we are. Granted he has a great job and I know that once our paychecks get caught up we won't feel this way, but today I can't shake the feeling.
I really truly am grateful and thankful for family. Really. I don't know what we would do without them. I am just tired.
I know that as soon as we get settled and things get back to normal I will feel better. But in the mean time I am just going to continue going along for the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D