Monday, April 7, 2014

God is Faithful

It's amazing how each move we make seems to bring me to a different understanding of God. (funny how he works that way!)

When we moved here I had a mix of emotions. Joy at being near family. Sorrow at leaving my family behind. Excitement for the new opportunities for Nayt. Fear of the future. Worry. Over all, my heart was not calm nor at peace. I felt like I was on a ship being tossed around without any real direction. Until it hit me that I didn't need to be directing my ship. There was a greater pilot and all I needed was to trust that he was in control.

Photo: My verse ♡That hasn't been easy. I'll fully admit that for the first month or so we were here I fought God. Hard. I was miserable. Not that finally realizing there was a purpose for me being here make things easier  I am still really ready for this holding pattern of our life to be over and on to the next chapter but it has taught me a lot.

I have been reading through the book of I Corinthians. (A fantastic letter by Paul). But the first day I started reading it, I was stuck by verse 9 of chapter one. God is Faithful. This has become my mantra. I repeat it nearly every hour, on the hour. God is Faithful. And he is. My prayer is to allow me to show him, to prove he is God and to revel in the fact that God is Faithful.

He is faithful to forgive. I seem to always fall short. I struggle in my faith. I struggle to love my kids. I struggle to respect and love my husband. I fall short of showing Christ to those around me. But I know that God is faithful to forgive. His mercies are new every morning. I am his child that he gave his son for. He is faithful to forgive me.

He is faithful to provide for me. Money has been tight since moving, but more than anything he has proved he is faithful to provide. More than anywhere else I have lived, I have found myself praying for something to happen so we can make ends meet and he has provided above and beyond what we need. We live comfortably and within our means, and just when I don't know how Nayt will get to work with our gas guzzling truck, money comes from somewhere. He is so faithful to provide.

He is faithful to answer our prayers. There has been a lot on my mind, but I am finding peace in turning my request to God. And it has been amazing to see so many prayers answered.

Knowing that God is faithful gives me hope for the future. There is still a lot of unknowns in our near future. It's scary. He knows the desires of our hearts and he knows more than anything how badly I want some things to come to being. But I know that I serve a faithful God. It makes me excited to see how I will be used in this short time here even if I am not really where I want to be, He has blessed me beyond measure and I need to constantly remind myself that.

I am so thankful for the peace that comes with serving my faithful God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D