Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fall



So I think i am beginning to fall in love with fall. there was a time when fall simply represented the beginning of school, the end of freedom. But now that school isnt a chore, I see fall completly differentaly. Now it stands for the end of the hot sticky summer (which really after highschool and kids doesnt really have the same glowing appeal it did 4 years ago) and the beginning of cooler weather, apples and pumpkins. The leaves are just starting to change as the nights get cooler. The air is so fresh up here, and the hustle and bustle of the start of school is getting to me. I am dying to dig out my long sleeve shirts, time to trade in my short sleeve ones and tanktops. my boots and doc martins for my flipflops. Our house smells sweetly of apples and cinamin as i burn the poppuri i made, or light the pumpkin spice candles. Its time to get out our sweatshirts and go to a football game or two. I want to romp in the leaves, I want to run through a corn maze instead of going to a drive in. I want to carve pumpkins, dress up for halloween, cook for thanksgiving and just enjoy the cool weather with walks before snow shuts us up in our house waiting for the spring thaw. i want to throw Drew in a pile of leaves and snap pictures of him on the first fall of his life. I want to go and get drunk in a beergarden on octoberfest, i want to just sit and chill wrapped in a blanket next to a bonfire and enjoy a hot spiced apple cider.


I dont really know where this summer went. All of june I was waiting impatiently for drew to get here, then he came and july we slept most of the month, then august we moved and time seems to have sped by lightning fast. Drew has 4 more days before he is 3 months old, Nayt and I have officially been together for over two year, and we are now headed onto our third year, and before i know it i am going to be in school again.


Just thinking about nayt and I meeting this last week. I think becauce EOU is having all of their freshman orintation stuff this week, and it brings back all of those feelings of the rush and excitement of first meeting, just starting to date, and that high that comes with the first time. We were so crazy, in lust more then in love i believe. It all happened so quickly and somewhere inbetween in all we fell in love. I remember fondly how i felt when he told me he'd take care of me, holding his hands while watching Blades of Glory, trying not to cry, driving to mcdonalds in his rickity old ranger, talking in walmart parking lot, ah mcdonalds in la grande will always be our first date. Then going back to my room and talking all night in our living room, crying, kissing and snuggling. The first football game the next day... then that night... now i watch our son as he plays on the floor, and i am still glowing from my last phone call from him, he just wanted to say he loved me and was thinking about me. I cant imagine life without him. He is my best friend. God had a plan when he put us together. I wonder how many freshman this week will meet their future?


And our little boy is getting so big. I am so blessed to have to such amazing men in my life. Drew is my sunshine, and i could watch him play all day. He hates being still and gets bored easily so we are constantly switching between his mat, his saucer, his swing and us playing with him until he crashes. But we are so lucky, he is offically sleeping all night now. We'll lay him down between nine and ten and he'll sleep until 6 or 7. So at night nayt and i have an hour or so with no baby. I wouldnt trade this life for anything i could have had. I am truely blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D