Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas!

I had been so looking foreword to christmas, and yesterday went by WAY to fast! Yesterday started off just about perfect, Nayt woke me up nicely, then we opened our stockngs, I made breakfast and we ate watching a Chrstmas Parade on ABC. Then we started opened presents! Drew loved wrappng paper, and he actually helped open 90% of his presents, but by 10:30 it was almost naptime so his intrest was waning. I got just about everythng i wanted, which wasnt to much to be honest, but i was kind of disappionted when both mom and nayt got my a hand held mixer, so i aganized over which to return. I didnt want to hurt nayt's feelngs by returnng his, but mom got her's on base, and we still had the reciept so i guess thats the one that gets to go back. Anyhow... despite a whiney baby whom is teething, we played a game of life, a game of scrabble (both of which i lost terribly) and we watched chrstmas movies on TV.

Well.... I then start dinner, and here is when my night starts falling apart, and i dont know if it was because i had so much pressure from my awesome thanksgiving dinner, the fact drew was screaming the whole time, or if i just was flustered about the mixers, I royally screwed up our christmas dinner!! The yams were to hard (they were AMAZING on thanksgiving) the mashed pototes were lumpy, the rolls were cold, at least the ham was ok, as was the sparkling cidar. I cried through dinner and it made me homesick. Plus nayt wouldnt turn off the stupid TV. and drew cried. Urrg.

So to top that off, we were by ourselves, which is ok, but we were by ourselves for thanksgiving and chances are we will be alone for new years too. I am just feeling sorry for myself, and being a baby but still. And on top of THAT, I am sick today with a head ache, sore throat and a low grade fever... great!!

dont get my wrong, it was a nice christmas, I got to spend time with my amazing boys, and it was relaxing, even if it did leave my with a messy house to clean up today, I really did have a good day, but i am already looking foreword to next christmas which hopefully will be amazing.

Hope you all had a great christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D