I am getting ready to pile into our jeep with my boys and head to the gun range with our new toys. (a brand new working .22 and a single shot .223) It just feels right. Like this is what I have wanted all my life, the simple country life. A good man by my side, my handsome baby in the back seat, good music on the radio and the warm sunny weather shining down on us. I am living a country song!
Last night we sat out in the back yard, a cold beer in hand, talking as Drew played with Lexy. Its so warm and lazy. Nayt has a rare 3 day weekend, as we are basically having a stay-cation. Our plan for the day it to take the pup and babe down to the river, then come home and hop into our new pool, wash the jeep, and grill up steaks that have been marinating with corn on the cob and baked potatoes. I may or may not run to get the stuff for fruit salad and some mixer for drinks tonight. Ahh summer time is good. Then tomorrow we have a bbq with friends, and monday when Nayt heads back to work, my friend and her baby girl are headed over. I am so not ready for cooler weather to hit!
Seriously, as we explore Eastern Oregon, I couldn't ask for a better summer. I have never been as happy as I am right now. God is so good to have blessed us the way he has. Nayt's job just seems to get better, with another promotion around the corner. My photography is starting to slowly (molasses slow) take off. I am actually playing with the idea of putting a photo in the fair, even if just to get my name out there, but I am not sure if that is to high school or not. (feel free to check out my fb page and let me know if its even worth it)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D