We meet in September of 2007, we were both 19, and it was love (or lust) at first sight. I was actually dating a douche bag at the time and Nayt was just looking to get lucky. He knew all three of my roomates and so when he stopped in to say hi, he never left! We hit it off right away and the same night I met him I broke up with my ex. Through our time at EOU we were inseparable, and by the time November hit I took him home to meet family, knowing that he was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.
We moved in together April of 08, our first apartment was amazing, and we enjoyed life together. Drinking, partying and working just as hard. June of 08 he popped the question and we were married September 6th of the same year.
Three months later we found out Drew was on his way. In our first year as husband and wife, Nayt continued to amaze me with his strength and ability to provide for us despite the bad place we had put ourselves in. His love of me and our unborn baby make me fall in love a million times over. His honesty made me trust him, his faith made me feel safe and his power to put my at ease relaxed me in my last few uncomfortable months of pregnancy.
Since Drew was born, Nayt managed to go from janitor to store manager. He amazes me with how much he adores our son. He works so hard to be sure our family is taken care of and that I can be home with Drew, and he rarely complains about the 60+ hours he puts in. He comes home and still makes me laugh. When we started the TTC journey again, he held my hand and encouraged me as we found out all the problems I was having. He managed to keep my spirits up and on days when I was heartbroken he let me cry and weep and moan. Now that I a pregnant again, he babies me and looks foreword to another little one being born.
I can not thank God enough for this man in my life. We fight and we bicker, but we still lay on the couch and cuddle. We still have all day sex-a-thons (lol ok maybe not but we give it a shot!) We still go on adventures now that we have money to do things, we enjoy each other just as much. Like a fine wine, our love gets deeper and richer each year and I am so excited to see what the next 50 years hold for us!
Totally a sweet post- I teared up!
ReplyDeleteI love this post! Yay for Nayt!
ReplyDeleteyou have an amazing husband
ReplyDelete