Sunday, February 6, 2011

2011

So my goal for this year is to take out all the negative out of my life and focusing on becoming a better wife, mother and woman in this next coming year. Kind of like the Proverbs 31 woman in the bible. She is strong, caring, supportive of her family and friends, and over all a woman of great value.

 Basically, each month I am trying to set a goal that helps me feel more rounded and prepared for life. In January I went through most of our rooms and organized and cleaned until they are very simple to keep clean. It makes life so much easier! I think a big part in doing that is I know bed rest is looming in the near future and I feel like I am beating the clock to get there. I don't know how we will do it, but I want to make it as simple for Nayt to do both mommy's job and Daddy's job while I am out of commission. . 

I am trying to use a new recipe once a week, either from online or from one of our many under used cook books. But that way it mixed up what we are eating (and when you are on a strict diabetic diet, things get old. Fast.) 

I am also going to start doing an "unplugged" day. Basically no laptop or TV, just focusing on what I need to do for that day. With that, I am also cutting my laptop time in half. I honestly feel that most of my life is waisted online. How many hours a day did I spend. This dawned on me the other day when my blood pressure was to high and I was stuck on the couch. You can only look at things so many times then you get bored. I don't want to waste me days doing that until I have too. 

Nayt and I are also going to sit down and make a tight budget. Yes, he makes good money, but we haven't always been good with that money, and it's time for a change. We are going to start doing Cash Only, to see if that helps. 

I think 2011 will be all about the simple little changes that make life easier. Or at least I hope so! 

1 comment:

Please leave positive feedback! :D