Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 3

My first love.

Oh gosh, I was trying to think if this last night, my first love. I really thought I was in love a few times, all through highschool I was in "love" with someone who didn't even notice me. I also think I loved my best friend at the time, though we never took the step from best friend to boy friend. I was to scared to lose him.

Then I met Garrett. The worst mistake I ever made. I was 18 when we met, he was 21. We worked together at a western wear store and he was everything my mom and dad hated. Covered in tattoos, he smoked, drank, had a mohawk, cussed and he was the first man to ever kiss me. I was "in love" almost instantly. He told me I was beautiful, and he took my innocents from me. In the year we were together, he put me through hell and back. He never told me the truth, he destroyed my relationship with my family. But I loved him. I let him do it to me, because I loved him, and I thought he loved me. I put of with the abuse, the hate and the shame.

That was when I met Naythan. I wasn't looking for him, he found me. And he saved me. He was the one who finally convinced me that I was worth so much more, and he proved it. He still does.  He was the one who showed me what it was like to be in a healthy relationship, to know what it really is to love. I can't imagine my life without him. So while he wasn't my "first love" he was my first real TRUE love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D