Friday, March 11, 2011

Moving sucks!

So I have been a horrible blogger the last couple of weeks, and for that I am sorry. It has been a whirl wind of a week and a half!




We knew that there was a chance that Naythan would be getting a promotion, but the upper management had been ho humming around the promotion, so we just carried on business as usual. I was actually getting ready to start setting up the combined nursery/Drew's room and I was learning to be content here for another year. Well, last Tuesday Nayt called me freaking out, they offered him the position in Weiser, Idaho. Add another state to my list of states I've called home! They are giving us until the 21st to be there.  That was only 2 1/2 weeks, so the rush was on. (Try moving while on modified bedrest and toddler, it makes for an even more stressful event.) 



Weiser isn't a big place at all. It has a population of about 5000, and honestly, it isn't the prettiest place on God's green earth. It is old, but the people are extremely friendly. It is going to be a bit of an adjustment getting use to living there, though we will be only 20 minutes from Ontario, Oregon 45 from Nampa and an hour from Boise so our shopping options have opened up completely. I'll have a costco, target, cabellas and mall in a place I won't have to rent a hotel for the night! I can't wait! 


I am also incredibly excited about our new place. When we started looking for places I started to lose hope. Not only did we only have 2 weeks, in such a tiny place finding a 3 bed room, 2 bath that would take a dog with in our price range was proving to be difficult. We had a budget, my "I will have" list, and things we wouldn't compromise one. I also really didn't want to get back into a house where I feel like I have to do months of work before it feels comfortable and safe for my family. Let me tell you, it was a challenge! But God is so good, and the perfect place fell into our laps. We will be living in an "apartment" community, but it isn't like any apartment I have lived in, but more of a condo/townhouse set up. It is also one of the newer buildings in town. It has EVERYTHING that I wanted in a place to live, plus it is mid range for what we can afford! I am so excited and ready to just be there now. 

Nayt is also extremely excited to start at his new job. I can't begin to explain how proud I am of him. To think that 3 years ago exactly he was starting as a part time janitor and now he is 2nd in charge of an entire store! He works so hard and he cares so much about his job that it is nice to see that upper management sees that too. 

That is what has happened to turn our life upside down this last week. I go through all sorts of emotions; excitement, joy, fear, stress, sadness I will be even farther from my family. But mainly, I am just ready for Baker to be in my rear view and on our way to the next adventure starting over! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D