I have 5 days, 14 hours until our "big move". I have 3 months, 64 days and 14 hours until my planned c/s to hold my little girl. There is only 108 days until my little baby boy is a 2 year old, and there is 176 days until Nayt and I go away on our very first "adults only" trip for our third wedding anniversary.
I need to stop counting. I need to live in the moment, not for the soon to be. You would think that I learned my lesson with Drew. My whole pregnancy with him I was waiting until the next thing; showing, the "big" u/s, my due date, it being over. When he was a baby, I didn't take the time to enjoy him as a baby. I was always ready for him to get to the next stage; rolling, crawling, walking. i didn't enjoy him as a newborn, because i was to excited for what he would do the next month. I refuse to do that with Alynn. I want to enjoy her as a sweet little baby, and not rush her into toddler hood. We are 99% sure that she is our last baby, and I don't want to miss out on anything.
Along the same lines, I don't have much time left to get ready to Alynn to get here. I was just starting to get on board with getting things ready, but the move threw a monkey wrench in that. I just want this week to fast foreword so I can start getting prepared for her. I seriously think I have 4 newborn outfits? Maybe? By this point in my pregnancy, I wanted to be stocked up on diapers, her crib almost up, and her clothes washed and waiting. HA. Now, I not only have to get ready for her, I have to set up the rest of my house as well. I know we are going to set up her bassinet in our room when we move in, and I'll get her clothes put out. It won't take but a day to get the basic done. Drew's room naturally will take priority. I am so afraid the move is going to throw him all off, and I want to keep it as normal as possible for him. My kitchen needs set up right away too. SO much to do. Thankfully I like unpacking much more then I like packing.
I am just ready to be done with this stage. It's dragging and it's speeding by (like that makes any sense.) I still have so much to do in this house and moving is such a messy thing that I feel like a level 4 twister came through my house. Plus, Drew is such a big "helper" he throws things randomly in the boxes, so who knows what is packed where. The only plus is we have at least 8 things headed for Salvation Army already, and I am sure I will come up with at least another box or two. I am pruning our house of the junk from college/pre-good paying job. We are getting rid of our hand me down sofa (Which I am sure I'll regret, but what ever.) Nayt is promising me a new sofa with in the month, so we will see. I am so glad that my mom is coming down for a while this spring and I am excited to have her help me decorate and set up our place, since she is the queen of decorating. Just get through the next 5 days....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D