We understand that this is a serious medical procedure, but if possible there are a few things we would like to request to make it as pleasant and positive as possible. I also understand that things can change in a moments notice and I trust the discretion of my medical team.
We would prefer:
1. That no nursing student draw blood or insert the IV, but may be present before, during and after surgery.
2. Allow my husband to be there while getting the epidural
3. The catheter inserted after I am numb
4. Please leave the cord long so DH can cut it
5. Please bring baby to me right after she is suctioned, weighed and measured so I can see her unless she need immediate medical care
6. My husband is to go with her to the nursery while I am still in surgery
7. I would like baby brought to me the moment I am in recovery to bond
8. Please no bottle unless medically necessary
9. I would like to breastfeed with in the first hour with the help of a lactation consultant.
10. Please no pacifiers until after we have breast fed
11. Baby is to room with us unless asked to be taken to the nursery
12. Please bathe the baby while we are present
13. I would like to be showered and walking as soon as medically possible to avoid much time in leg compression socks or boots
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D