I started with:
6 cheap head bands from wal-mart (apparently they will fit a new born, but I have a feeling I will need to take them in a little bit.)
Elmer's craft glue (though I think a hot glue gun would actually work better.)
A package of alligator hair clips
A few bunches of flowers from the Dollar store
Something to put in the center of the flowers. (Most blogs I saw use jewels of some sort, I went to the more natural look and used what was already in the center of the flowers.)
The first thing I did was tear the flowers off the stems, and remove all the plastic parts. I actually used two flower "buds" for each of my clips, just to make them look fuller. Taking my glue, I placed a dab on each layer and let it sit. (The elmers takes for EVER to dry. This is why I think a hot glue gun would work much better.)
Once my flowers were dry, I then glued the flower to the hair clip. (again, forever to dry.) I have noticed that the flower needs a bit of convincing to stick the the metal clip, I had to set an empty coffee cup on top of it to add some pressure, but once I did that, it wasn't an issue.
When my flower and clip were dry, I added the finally touch, something in the center. Next time I will try using something else besides the center that comes with the flowers, but I don't think it looks to bad that way either. And I am not a huge bling kind of girl.
Once everything is dry, simple take the hair clip and snap it on to the band. I love that I can switch up the bands with different color flowers, and I am sure that the flowers could also be used as hair clips. I tried one on Drew last night (neither him nor his dad liked that one to much) just to see how proportional the flowers were to his head, and I think it looked fine. I just don't want flowers that are 2 x the size of poor Alynn's head. But if you are into that sort of thing, go for the bigger flower! :)
Here are my finished projects!
| This was my first. I am not a fan of this one, but what ever. |
| My favorite one |
| Nayt informed me today that I am already making her into an OSU fan... |
so cute! crafty gal! how ya feeling?
ReplyDeletecute! i think i may even be able to do that hahaha..
ReplyDelete