Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ticker Change Tuesday and lots of updates!

33 weeks today!! Holy cow! I seriously feel like I just found out I was expecting and yet here we are rushing head first into the finish line. It fills me with a lot of mixed emotions. Happiness that this is almost over and soon I will be holding and kissing my little girl, sadness that this is for sure the last time I will ever be feeling a baby kicking and rolling around, excitement that soon our family will be complete and just a little bit of panic, how the heck are we going to do this with two kids!

I have officially transfered everything from Dr. Kelly in Baker to Dr. Duncan in Ontario. I really am liking Dr. Duncan, but I can't stand his office, the nurses are nice enough, but the billing/receptionist are a major PITA to work with. Dr. Duncan has a much different approach then Dr. Kelly did, and I am not 100% sure I love it, but I do feel like he really cares. My first appointment with him, he took me off the modified bed rest (which I was doing horrible with thanks to moving and getting settled.) Can I just say that the freedom was wonderful, and the love making was SO fantastic? Mommy is much happier now! 

Alynn's little face!
My freedom was short lived though. Friday we had a NST, U/S and follow up appointment. Alynn passes the NST with flying colors, everything was perfect at the u/s (including her adorable little cheeks!). I was on cloud nine until they checked my b/p. 169/110. HOLY CRAP! If I would have had protein in my urine or didn't just pass a NST, I would have been admitted to l&d until who knows when. He has me taking medication now, and told me that we would recheck it again on Monday. 

Yesterday my pressure was lower, but still elevated so I am back to modified bed rest. I am hoping that between the medication and the rest, we can avoid strict bed rest or worst case is hospital bed rest. Our plan is to make it to at least 35/36 weeks. If it looks like we will have to deliver her early, I will get two sets of steroid shots in hopes it will mature her lungs and cut down our time in the hospital. So the reality of the situation is Alynn may be here in as little as 2 weeks! Amazing! Ideally I am still hoping to make it all the way to our planned date of the 16th, but I am not hopeful for that right now. I know pregnancy is 40 weeks, I want her to stay in as long as possible, but I am scared we will not be that lucky this time. I am terrified of having a preemie, and I want nothing more then for my daughter to be healthy. 




Clothes, clothes and more clothes!




Shoes!! 
On to better news, we are finally getting things set up and ready for her! Between my mom and Stacy, we are more then set for clothes. Nayt is taking a few days off this coming week so we will be refinishing the crib, setting up her room and getting everything set in case she does make her appearance sooner then planned. Her bassinet is sitting next to our bed and I am going to wash all her little things today! Our house is over flowing with Pink right now! :) Drew has been so cute with all her little clothes. He loves looking at them almost as much as I do. 

Here is my 33 week bump, I am measuring at 35 weeks, but she is right on track, I am just huge! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D