All my life I have struggled with my weight, like from the time I was a little girl. I hate hate hate it. I am tired of being the chubby girl in the pictures and I am ready to finally get healthy. I know that if I can lose some of this extra baggage that my blood sugars would get better and if I can get healthy enough, I may just be able to have another baby. (See the lack of sleep is getting to me :p ) And this pregnancy has started me on a pretty good roll so I don't want to lose that. My best friend Christina and I have decided to help each other out and keep each other accountable. We will be really hitting it hard come August when she heads off to UNC for her Doctorate, and we figure by them my body will be healed enough to really work out. But until then, I don't want to be sitting around on my butt letting the lbs roll back on. So since this is my everything blog, I may as well do a monthly check in kind of thing to keep myself accountable. (if anyone else wants to join me on my "get healthy in a year" plan, feel free! the more the merrier right?)
I am starting this out at a *gulp* 215lb (I have already lost 30 lbs since having Alynn a month ago.) and I am only 5'4", so my goal is that by this time next year I would like to be close to 165-150. So to reach that goal I simply need to lose roughly 5 lbs a month which is actually quite reasonable.
Nayt is going to be joining me, which helps out a lot. Here is our basic plan as of right now; We are going to go back to a very strict diabetic diet like I was on while I was pregnant, no carbs expect a few complex ones and all whole wheat. Little to no sugars and smaller portions. I don't plan on doing an actually diet, since my diet is so limited as it is, I may has well enjoy was few things I can. We will also be taking daily walks until my doctor clears me to actually work out (which is at least another month given my healing so far.) Once I can work out, we will be getting a member ship to the local gym and I will work out 3 times a week on the days Nayt gets off early. I can not wait.
And finally, much to my horror, I took a "before" picture. *double gulp* i can not believe i am posting it but here goes nothing.
| June 2011 - 1 month pp - 215 lbs |
You go girl!! You can do it! :)
ReplyDelete