| Drew and his PP&J "art work" |
With his 2nd birthday only weeks away, I am already thinking about how this time next summer we will be getting him ready for pre-school (we are planning on putting him in pre-school for 2 years before kinder garden) and I don't want to waste any time with him. Now is the time to really start the beginning of his education, even if he doesn't know it yet. To him, playing in the sink with water and bubbles is just fun, but he is learning how to pore water from one tub into another, how bubbles are made, and cause and effect. But I degress... my hope is that for the next year I can set aside a few hours a day to do educational stuff with him. I also want him to have fun too.
| Bubbles! |
I am seriously loving life right now. Don't get me wrong there are moments (and days) I wonder what the hell were we thinking having kids so close together, but you know, I wouldn't change it for the world. I have never been as happy as I am right now, even if I am a bit loopy from the lack of sleep. (I actually told my friend yesterday that I feel down right insane, and that my calmness is simply a sign of my insanity!) Most days I can get in enough cleaning so that at least my living room and kitchen is "guest" ready. My laundry is a constant thing, but then again who's isn't? Tonight we are going to start doing a daily walk as a family and I can't wait! Tuesday we are going to start going to story time, and we are getting ready to start the search for a new church here. I know life is going to continue to be crazy and hectic with a toddler and a newborn, but if today if any indication of what our "new" normal is, bring it on!!
| Where Alynn hangs most of the day now! |
I am just so excited to see where life is going to go. I feel like having Alynn was the end of a chapter and the beginning of a whole new chapter. I am finally ready to get this thing going!
Yay for new normals! :) I love that you guys are going to take walks.... I can't wait to do that (if the weather ever cooperates!)
ReplyDeleteI am so happy and excited for you!
ReplyDelete