Sunday, June 5, 2011

Taking a moment to breathe

It is amazing how much life can change in three short weeks. Even more amazing is the fact that my baby girl is 3 weeks old tomorrow. Where is the time going? I want nothing more then to freeze time, I don't want Drew to turn 2 at the end of the month, I don't want Alynn to grow up. I want to keep her my itty bitty peanut princess. Alas, time goes on so i am just trying to savor every moment with them little.

Over all things are going well. Drew is settling in to being a big brother and he is an amazing brother. I am so thankful for these two kids God has given me and I want nothing more then to be the best mother I can. Alynn is an amazing little girl, she is happy most of the day to sleep in my arms. She is still so tiny though. We are working on trying to get her up to her birth weight. Right now she is still 6oz shy. 

My boobs have also proven that once again they are not made for food. I have been able to breast feed her a little bit, but we have to add a bottle of formula after ever feeding because she is still starving. While it is disappointing it's not surprising. I know our days of it are coming to an end, but the way I see it is any bit of breast milk she can get it better then none. 

My body is also a failure. My stupid c-section isn't healing right. We knew that going in my cases of infection were high, and my doctor's worries proved to be correct. It also looks like I may have torn my stitches which if that is the case means i will have to go back under the knife, not something I am looking foreword too. So fingers crossed that it doesn't happen. 
Finally, I leave you with pictures of my beautiful little lady! 



2 comments:

  1. She's so precious! <3

    I hope you don't have to have your stitches redone.... I'm so sorry you're going through this :( I hope they heal quickly sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave positive feedback! :D