For a while we were in a tense cold war of sorts, his toys remained in the proper "battle field" and I would return to the field on an every other day basis. However, all will power drained out of me today after nap time, where my son was "sleeping" in a relatively clean room. And to my horror and defeat this is what met my weary eyes:
| here you see the evidence of the open closet. |
Now let my state before someone jumps all over me that i haven't tried. Oh I tried to keep his room neat and tidy. I have tried locking things in the closet in their own tubs, I have tried a shelf with each toy having it's own bucket, I have tried the shelf with each toy going into what ever damn bucket it wants, i have tried a massive toy box, I have tried separating toys, putting them on shelves, everything. But Drew is a hurricane and takes all my hard work as a new challenge; How quick can i undo it? He must lay in bed at night wondered what he can do next to make it go from clean to a mess in a shorter amount of time. I swear it.
Anyways.
He breached more then one of our unspoken "rules" of war. First, he breached the "no cross" line of his closet where I had the nice organized shelves full of books, blocks, puzzles, color crayons, and art and craft supplies. Andrew is part 007, and he can get into anything and everything, which apparently included the baby door handle lock thing I had on the door. (you may be able to find it among the wreckage, it's like home made I spy!)
The next rule of engagement that he broke was that he has now breached into neutral lands. Our own Switzerland and Ireland also know as the guest room and bathroom.
| He determination was so great he dragged his toy box into the room! |
And finally, the last rule he broke involved a red color crayon and the white walls. But the carnage of that finally breach is to devastating to even show.
So I surrender. I am beat down and ready to admit defeat to the 2 year old. He won for now. My only terms for surrender are simple, the destruction must remain contained to one room, and anything that has managed to take refuge in any other neutral space, it will be returned to the war zone before bed. If my son wants to live in a room that looks like Toys'r'Us set off an atomic bomb and caused a Fisher Price apocalypse I will let him. But i'll be damned if i let it happen to the rest of my house, that battle lives on!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D