Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas time in our house!

The lights are lit, music is playing, and the "Christmas Mint" is burning in the wax pot. Oh how I love this time of year! It's so magical and special. I live for this time of year.  

This year I tried some new ideas for decorating, like hanging Christmas Balls above our kitchen Bar. 
Our hanging balls and the snow flakes Drew and I made



We also got our first visit from a special little elf. If you know about the Elf on the Shelf tradition then you know of all the fun that it can bring. Since Drew was terrified of the traditional elf I picked up a cute little dude at Naythan's work. (3 bucks. Score!) and we have been having a blast with "Elf". Next year we will let Drew name him and play up the whole "Going to the North Pole" thing. It went over his head this year. But I love seeing him get up each morning to check the book shelf to see if he is there. And the look on his face when he finds him hidden is priceless! 

Our Elf showed up with special sugar cookies on the first day! 
We also took Andrew to his first ever light parade! It was so much fun and he had a blast. It was actually warm for December, if you count weather in the high 20s to be warm. But there was no snow so that was nice. We got more candy than we needed and Drew even got to see Santa, though he wanted nothing to do with him when we got close. It was a wonderful night of free entertainment though, and I am so glad we got to go!
 




 
We will be getting our tree this week and I am so excited!  even though we now need to buy all new balls for it. Between the photoshoots I have been doing, hanging them and the dog, they are all pretty much gone. Drew is going to love it though and that is worth it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D