These two little faces are the reason I get up in the morning. I love them both so much. This has been a challenging year for me as a mother. This year we added a new member to our family, started speech therapy with Drew, learning to balance Drew with Alynn, and became the mom to a special needs kid. This year has really taught me so much about love, being a mom, and just who I am. But more importantly, it has taught me just how special my own mom is to me.
Mom,
You are the person I go to when I need to cry, vent, or ask questions, the first person I want to tell big news too, and my biggest supporter with Drew besides Naythan. I really don't know what I would do without you. You are truly my best friend. My mom is my example of the kind of mother I want to be for my children, and I feel like I often fall short of her. I can't imagine a better grandmother for them, and you are seriously my hero.
I love knowing that I can call you and I will get good sound advice on anything. I love that you are always there for me, right or wrong. You have taught me to follow my heart but also listen to my head. I unfortunately didn't get your craft skills, but I hope that I can make my home as fun and exciting as you made it growing up. I want my kids to look back and remember me like I remember you, full of ideas, games and laughter. You made our house a home growing up, and I am so blessed that you took the time you did to make sure we stayed kids as long as possible.
This year has also taught me how much you gave up, not only to be a stay at home mom, but to home school me for 12 years. It takes a very special woman to do that, and I am so lucky that you did it. I am learning you lose so much of yourself when you become a mother, and you did that all for me. you pray for me, crie for me, laugh and rejoices for me. And it is a love that doesn't just end when your kids grow up. I am sure I am still a head ache at time :)
I never really thanked you for what you did for me, so Thank you mom for your sacrifices, tears, prayers, example and encouragement. I am the woman I am today because of you. I just pray that I can be the kind of mother you are.
I appreciate you for everything you do, both then and now. I am proud of what you are doing, I am even more proud to call you my mother.
If you read this mom. I love you.
Happy Mother's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D