Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tonight

Tonight is not going as planned.

Since I can't keep a secret anyways, Naythan is gone tonight for an interview in Oregon (which I am praying with all my heart he gets.) but I was planning on a nice relaxing evening once the kids go to bed at 8pm, dying my hair, having a glass of wine and working more on my blog.

Nope. Alynn went to bed on time like a good girl, but like a dumb ass I forgot to give Drew his melatonin. Cue almost 3 year old bouncing off the walls until 11pm. We did everything I could think of, build a fort, play with straws, push a box, jump from couch to couch, dance to yo gaba freaking gaba. Finally, the special candy kicked in and he will be asleep at least until 1 when he wakes up again.

So now I am laying in my room that I need to clean drinking Riesling from a wine glass from the dollar store trying to forget that this is likely the last 40 minutes of my life to have a baby under the age of 1. How on earth is my baby girl 1?! This time last year I was tossing and turning with a massive belly, swollen and scared to death that something was going to go wrong and i wouldn't be holding her in 24 hours. Today, she was walking around the house and melting my heart.

This girl has the biggest personality jam packed into that tiny little body. She is truly my miracle baby and I am so in love with her. I don't want time to go as fast as this last year went. I blinked and she is no longer a baby but this budding tiny girl. I just want to freeze this moment in time and keep her little forever. Is it possible to stop time?! Someone please tell me it is.

365 days later I can honestly say that I am more in love with my girl today that I thought was even possible.

Happy 1st birthday my darling little Rosy Posy girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D