Saturday, January 5, 2013

A year in Review

Ah 2012, you were in deed a year of CHANGE for my little family. While I am glad to be moving on to the new year, I am also very thankful for everything we have been through and learned in the last year. 

I predicted back in January of last year that our family would experience rapid changes, but the things I had in mind were nothing like the trials, adjustments and joys we faced. This last year was more than just a year of changes, it was a year of Growth and Learning.  Not only did I grow was a mother and a wife I truly feel I grew as a person. I have learned that I am much stronger than I realized, that I am finally becoming the woman I want to be, and most importantly that God is real and doing real things in my life.



A year in review


This year we have gained great new friends, are one step closer to reaching our school goals, have gained an amazing new family member in Lorrie, we added a puppy to the mix, started hunting, have provided much of our own meat, and have learned how to be better parents to Drew, Alynn and be default Lorrie . We are learning to manage his diagnoses and I finally feel that we have a handle on it all. It is no longer the end of the world, but just daily challenges that are a part of life. That change is a nice thing and a long time coming.

This past year my photography has picked up, we ended the year in a better place than we started financially, emotionally, and physically, and I can truly say I am happy and content. I am happy with my life, my family and my situation and I am content in resting in the fact that God has big plans for us and I just need to hold on.


As we enter 2013, I can honestly say I am excited. If last year was a year of Change than this year is the year of Faith and Action.
 
Nayt and I will be making some big leaps of faith this year, both personally and for our family. It's scary but very exciting as well. Things are coming up in the near future that makes me anxious, but because we have learned to never count your chickens before they hatch we have to very different plans of action in place. Regardless of where life takes us this year, I know that I am going to be doing some volunteer work with in the community, which is where I feel God leading me with my degree. I will also be pursuing my photography more and I have some ideas forming with that as well. Now that I feel like my house hold is more manageable, I feel it is time focus sometime outside my home as well. Last year I learned a lot about God and my faith, now it is time to follow through with action.
 
So... all that to say, welcome 2013. I am excited to experience you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave positive feedback! :D