Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Journals


So the last couple of days I have been going back through my old journals. An amazing girl who shall remain nameless has allowed me to read her blog that is incredibly private. Because I love this girl, I am going to be mailing her my journals to give her a glance into my head at her age. It is truly amazing how I saw the world, and in the middle of all the silly school girl crushes, the dreams of falling in love, and the desire to see the world I have some nuggets of wisdom, but most of it just makes me laugh.

I kept a journal all through middle school and high school. Some times I was constant, other times were hit and miss. Then in 2008 I started blogging, here actually My poor little blog has shifted and changed many times. From newly weds trying to join the army, to a new mom, to secondary infertility to a special needs blog and now I am just a blog about life. It is a constantly changing thing, much like the rest of life.

I have noticed that my blog is no longer a strictly special needs blog anymore. While things with Drew are improving they are by no means gone, I am just making the effort to not be consumed by his struggles. IEPs, sensory diets and speech therapy will always be a part of our life which is ok its life. Its normal and its beautiful. I am still hyper aware of our surroundings because of sensory issues, we are working hard on anger issues and being loving not mean. We are dealing with the normal 3 year old issues on steroids, but its ok, we are doing alright.

I am amazed with how quickly things are changing around here. Drew really is growing up in leaps and bounds. He constantly amazes me. He is not the same little boy who would hit his head until he bleeds and it is such a blessing to called his mommy. Alynn is our chatter box, the girl has so much personality and keeps us laughing all day long. I can't believe she is almost 2.

I have heard it said that living life by faith is an adventure, and boy are they right. Right now I have no clue where we will be in the next 6 months, heck I don't know what we will be doing in the next 6 weeks. Nayt and I just continue to say we will live day by day and if doors open  we will walk through them. Right now we are knocking on a few different doors, so if one opens I am trusting it is the right one.


God knows where we need to be, what we need to be doing and where our family will grow the most. Trusting that is the hard part.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Stopping by from SITS! Wanted to say hi! Thanks for following Momma Candy! I also have a son with special need and have a seperate blog about him. Www.christiansjourney.com. Blind faith is a wild ride!

    www.mommacandy.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave positive feedback! :D