"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. Philippians 4:4"
This came up in my bible reading today and it hit me square in the face. How often do I complain or focus on the bad and not the good in my life? How often am I so concerned and wrapped up in the stressful situation I am that I forget that even in the midst of chaos there is a silver lining to be found, I just have to slow down long enough to find it.
I am naturally a sunny person. I love life, laughter and generally see the good in things instead of the bad. Lately though, life has been hectic and is turning faster than I can keep up which has left me feeling empty, cranky and just plain grumpy. Typically it is me that sets the tone in the house, so because I have been a bit stretched so has my husband. It isn't good.
So this morning, instead of focusing on what is making me sad, scared or worried I want to focus on what brings me joy.
1.) Drew is showing emotion.
He has always been an affectionate little guy who has loved hugs and kisses, but recently he has been showing more emotion in other things. This is huge. If you ever been around anyone suffering from an level of opposition defiance you know how hard it is for them to sometimes express their emotions. In the past week he has said he is sorry for hurting someone, been kinder to his sister, cried when she cried and laughed out loud at a movie. All of these fills me with so much job.
2.) My husband listens and cares about me.
I know that I am truly blessed to be married to the man that I am. He works so hard to provide a good life for us, and even in the midst of bickering the last thing he tells me before falling asleep is "I love you".
3.) Our life is under control.
Just because it isn't under MY control does not mean it isn't under control. I know that there is a great plan for my family and I am just trying to have faith and peace in the fact that we don't have all the answers right now. It is not easy, but I am trying my best to find joy in the fact that our live is exciting and not static. We are moving, God is doing something and I just have to trust that. There is joy there too.
So what is bringing you joy today?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D