The last thing I expected was a reply back, but I did get one from Idaho Senator Mike Crapo on Friday. Nayt burst my bubble by reminding me it was likely penned by Mr. Crapo's aids, but it is still a reply. I have yet to get one from our president...
Again, the website to contact YOUR representatives on
any issue you are concerned with is easy here: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML
Here with was Senator Crapo has to say on gun control:
Dear Heather:
Thank you for contacting me regarding your opposition to gun control measures. I agree with you and welcome the opportunity to respond.
Let me reassure you that I do not support gun control. We must protect and preserve our constitutional right to bear arms. I will not support any legislation that requires a waiting period for the purchase of a firearm, bans the ownership of firearms, promotes or requires the rationing or taxation of firearms, or the taxation of ammunition.
The Second Amendment reads: "A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." I firmly believe this provision prohibits the federal government from denying citizens this right.
As you may know, gun control advocates continue to seek creative methods of advancing their agenda, both through legislation and litigation. You may be assured that I will continue to oppose all efforts to weaken Second Amendment rights.
Again, thank you for contacting me. Please feel free to contact me in the future on this or any other matter of concern to you.
Sincerely,
Mike Crapo
United States Senator
Yep. I love Idaho.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D