What a whirl wind of a month! Nothing lack packing, moving, saying good bye to friends, and driving 12 hours to feel like your life is completely different. It was not easy and we couldn't have done it without the help of some good friends. It was bitter sweet to pull out of Weiser.
We have been in Washington a week and a half. I can not explain the peace, happiness and contentment that has washed over me since moving up here. It is as if God has washed me in this new found joy, and I can only conclude that it is because we are undoubtedly living in HIS will. The way this whole move was mapped out made it obvious that he wanted us to be in Washington. Beginning this year my prayer had just been that God made our path clear and we would follow in blind faith.
When Nayt got the call on that Thursday night asking if he was still interested in the store, I was full of butterflies and nerves, but I knew that if it was meant to be, it would all work out. By Saturday we were on the road heading up here in time for a Monday meeting for him. It happened in a whirl wind.
I spent that whole week looking for homes. I had 3 I was interested in, but I was told that the one I really loved wasn't available to look at until March 1st, which was after the time I'd be back in Idaho. So I settled for a different place, but Naythan had a bad feeling about that place and begged me to come back down from my moms and look at more. On a whim I called on the house I loved again, and it was free! They set up a time to look at it, and double booked us with another group of people who were also interested in it. We loved this house. Big yard, 3 bed rooms, clean, huge, and incredibly sunny. We where 1 of 4 people wanting this house. We rushed to the property management place, placed our application, and before it had even processed we were told in the office that the house was ours! I was in tears. They told us that we may have to pay a double deposit, plus pet fees, plus first month rent which put our moving in costs above what we could afford, despite the fact that we had a bit of money sitting in the bank. When I called however, they told me that it would be a single deposit which was exactly what we could pay! It just seemed as if thing after thing God was proving that he had it under control.
The move happened when we had a large chunk of change to pay for deposits, moving costs, gas, and some extras.
The best part, as fast as we looked at this house I was a bit nervous that the house wasn't going to be as good as I remembered it being, but it is better. I have never loved a place as much as I love this one.
I adore my huge eat in kitchen, I love the massive picture windows, the yard is fantastic, and the bed rooms are perfect. Even on the grayest day (which by the way are most of them) natural light streams through the big windows, allowing this sun shine craving girl to be ok. I can't imagine living up here without that natural light!
We are happy. Truly happy. I can't explain it fully the way I feel since moving up here. Peaceful. Content. Its a feeling that has happened a lot, like last night after coming in from 2 hours in the yard with the kids, or when just sitting watching them play in the living room. I miss my friends, but I have no regrets about moving.
The town itself is fascinating. I can't decide if I love it yet, but it is unlike anywhere I have ever lived, and that is not just because we have a ton of bridges to cross to get anywhere. The people here are interesting, for lack of a better word, and I could spend hours trying to find a way to describe them. But people are friendly.
Drew has started school, and I love his new class. It is everything I wanted for my son's preschool which makes my heart so very happy. We will strive here.
We are also using this move to make some life style changes too. We are limiting our screen time, no more hours of TV for any of us, we joined the YMCA and starting Monday I am excited to try it out! My house is clean and organized. And this morning we try out a new church. Eventually I am hoping to find a place where I can get involved and serving. It is long passed time.
I think this move has made it incredibly clear the difference of living life making my own choices and that of following the path God has set before us. It is mind blowing the difference! I am so excited to see where this adventure takes us, how God is going to use us, and how we will grow as a family and personally. I am so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave positive feedback! :D