Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Leaps of Faith

Happy Fall! Hope you are all enjoying the cooler weather and pumpkins and football! I know we are!

It's been an insane couple of weeks in our house. We are good. We are surviving. We are learning grace and keeping strong.
Before I get into the depths of all the things going on, can I just point out that God's timing is amazing, and that all our basic needs are met before we even need to worry about them.

I am working now. It's been a bit crazy but I truly can say that I love my job and I feel that I am really going to make a big difference. My actual job description is a bit of a mouth full, but I am going to be implementing VLER programs at the VA hospital here in Walla Walla. It is really exciting to not only get to use my college degree but to also reach out and help local vets. I am so thrilled to be doing it.


We were so excited, we were going to double our income, move to bigger nicer place, and make a significant difference in the last of our debt. But, God clearly had different plans for our family. The day of my first paycheck, Naythan was let go from his job. I won't get into it all as its a bit of a nightmare and really just wrong.



This whole unemployment thing is one part frustration, one part a blessing. Nayt hated his job. (I can say that now that he isn't working and having to suck up for a possible promotion.) The company has been pulling him around bribing him with a promotion for years. We gave them 7 years of our lives, moved 4 times in 3 different states all with under 2 weeks notice, and he has worked through so many holidays, birthdays and events I lost count. He hated his boss. Hated having to be fake to everyone. He is a great manager, but retail was never his dream job. It was safe but not satisfying.

Since he was let go, he has been happier than I have seen him since his hunting trip last year in Idaho. He has got to spend a lot of great quality time with the kids, has been able to finish out football season, and I have spent more time with him than I have in years.




We are so grateful that I have my job. It' is a God send that while he is at home we can still pay bills and most of our life doesn't have to change to much.  Another big and unexpected thing from this is that changes Nayt is making with his career. A couple of years ago he began thinking of a career in law enforcement. However, at that moment, timing was just wrong and he didn't feel comfortable leaving Bi-mart for a completely different career. Well, that worry is gone. So, we agreed there was no time like the present to follow his dreams and make some big changes.

We has a test on the 16th for two local sheriff departments and a test on the 21st for state patrol. While the ideal option is the local sheriff's office here in town, we are not *to* picky. It's just a very long process and it isn't going to be easy being patient. It really isn't my strong suit.

So, if you could keep my little family in your thoughts and prayers as we enter this new chapter of our lives we would all be grateful. And in the mean time we will continue to live by faith and keep moving foreword.


2 comments:

  1. There is no doubt in my mind that this scary change is really a blessing in disguise. You will all be ok & everything is going to be great... I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of love. It seems that God has great plans for you all

    ReplyDelete

Please leave positive feedback! :D